Toner Cartridges for Colour Laser Printer?

Gary 10:40 27 May 04

I currently use an Inkjet printer and always use compatible toner cartrdges -- PrintRite branded -- as they are much cheaper and give far superior colour reproduction to Epson's own brand.

I'm looking at buying a colour laser printer now the prices have fallen so much -- but, having done some calculations on the cost per page of printing with the laser, it actually costs more than the compatible ink.

I have seen compatible black toners for a wide range of printers but have not been able to find any colour ones. Does anyone know if they're available or whether they're likely to be in the near future? I suspect that we might start to see them available now that colour lasers have fallen below the £300 mark...?

€dstowe 11:07 27 May 04

click here

The page referred to is for HP. I would think they could do others as well.

I use this company for refills for out Samsung B/W lasers and find them very good.

€d

spuds 11:53 27 May 04

Don't forget that you will need a different laser cartridge for each colour that you choose.Trying to use one cartridge will cause various unresolvable problems.

Certain printer manufacturers will supply a simple range of colours, but these usually come at an expensive price. Companies who supply remanufactured laser toners, will not usually supply coloured toners due to supply and demand and manufacturing costs.

Perhaps in a few years, there could be another type of printing technology, which would bring the cost of printing down, for the computer user.

Pesala 12:03 27 May 04

click here They do compatibles for HP and Lexmark. Worth contacting them to see if they can find a suitable toner for your printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…