Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results
I am beginning to get a wee bit miffed at the behaviour of this site.
There a couple of problems that are causing me all sorts of aggravation!
1. It constantly freezes. like almost every time I use the site.
2. There is a message, broad and clear, that states I must enable Java to view this site correctly. (Java is enabled!)
3. There is a regular Security Warning window opening which states:- Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely?
The web-page contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire page.
Yes. No. More Info.
This comes up when I try to get to my Login page.
4. The Contact by Telephone does nothing!
It is conceivable that there is something obscure with my security settings, though I have set them to Default.
Any one any ideas as to how to rectify this problem, or perhaps I have to stop using their site and rely on my SatNav behaving itself!!
That's the link I use. On the home page at the bottom is the message about enabling JAVA!, and when I click on the Green Button My TomTom top right, there is nothing happening there either. It used to either come up with a window that effectively confirmed that I was logged in or took me to the log in page.
I don't particularly want to try another browser. I much prefer IE8 to all the others. The others all take ages to load and on the PCA site, start with full black side panels in front of text, and if you disable JAVA it will come up with out all the black there! Then you have to go through the exercise of reverting back to enabling JAVA when you have finished the viewing exercise on the PCA site.
I have XP SP3.
And if you click on 'downloads' there are more.
Every other page I use never has the problems that TomTom has. I am in contact with them regarding a problem I have with my One XL, so I have to keep going to their site to get hold of all the responses or to raise a new question or update this question.
"I have to keep going to their site to get hold of all the responses or to raise a new question or update this question."
You should be getting all your replies from Tom Tom in emails which contain a link to their site but also your questions and responses should also be in that email.
I have just received excellent service from Tom Tom within the last 2 weeks - I had a response to me problem within 24hrs and suggestions made to rectify the fault but it soon became apparent to them that it was a hardware fault.(established within 48hrs) I was sent an RMA number and within another 48hrs I received a box and large bag (prepaid) to send my device to them (Fife in Scotland) and I received a NEW device after 5 days. The whole process took 10 days.
Every time I try to connect I'm told that "No Device Connected", even though I can transfer files, sync my diary (it's a phone) and install programmes.
To add comments or raise new questions, you need to go to their site.
I just downloaded Firefox, which I do not like, and as I said earlier, it takes ages with buckets full of black all over the screen to open on the PCA site.
After I tried the TomTom site I had the message up that I need to enable JAVA, so since FF gives a link to it I downloaded it and the site ran OK.
That being the case, why is it the IE8 fails miserably to open or accept that whilst it is on the machine, will not recognise it in TomTom. It only appears to be that site which has the problem. But I cannot see how to rectify the situation.
A few weeks ago I had a problem with my One XL, and after more than a week, I had to reformat the device and load everything piece meal! The problem was I could not back it up!
This new problem is related to the lack of functional Postcode addresses. I am still waiting to see what they can do to resolve the issue.
TonyV - probably the reason why I didn't have the problems that you are encountering with the Tom Tom site is because I always use Firefox (almost 100% of the time) I am not a lover of I.E. but then it is down to personal choice. I also did all my connecting via Tom Tom HOME - Help - Online Support.
As I said previously I did get excellent support from Tom Tom and the emails were on a one-to-one basis.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
I think I have now got the site to operate under the JAVA system. I went in to Tools/Internet Options/Security and traversed down to Scripting/Active Scripting and made sure that Enable was checked. It is now!!
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.