TomTom update

Newuser2 09:30 17 Nov 05

Update for tomtom available.
But when I try to install the update on my PC Blueyonder PC Guard which I do not have tries to install itself along with all the messages saying that I should unistall Spybot AdAware etc. I do recall looking at PC Gaurd some time back but I didn't install it.

anchor 13:53 17 Nov 05

Cannot comment on your problem with Blueyonder.

I should say that this latest update, (5.420) was withdrawn by TomTom earlier this morning following many complaints. It has since been reinstated on the TomTom site. No indication if any changes have been made.

Personally, I will not consider installing it until I read on the TomTom forum that all is well.

anchor 13:55 17 Nov 05

What's new in 5.420?

- It's even easier to start a Traffic trial on your device.
- After setting up TomTom Traffic, it is automatically enabled.
- CDMA is now also supported for connecting to TomTom PLUS.
- Streets with the same name in towns that are close together are not confused in this version.
- The quality of the sound has been optimised when using hands-free calling (GO 500 and 700).
- Version 5.420 is compatible with more mobile phones.
- All entries in the phonebook on your mobile phone are now transferred to the device, no matter where they are stored.

Newuser2 15:21 17 Nov 05

Downloaded the zip update 5.420 version and installed all OK.
I Downloaded the EXE version this morning and that caused the problem.

dobbin 14:13 21 Nov 05

I downloaded update 5.420 on Friday and when I tried to update the device it caused all sorts of problems, made the computer hang and the Tomtom 300 will not work at all and just keeps asking for the sd card to be inserted.

I emailed tomtom support who suggested trying to delete the cfg file whatever that is.

Newuser2 15:00 21 Nov 05

dobbin
I never connect my TT to the PC. Well I did once and it caused all sorts of problems. I remove the SD card and put it in the Card reader, the update downloaded, unzipped and install all on its own with no probs. I did buy a larger 512 capacity SD card as the one supplied is only 32mb. May be if you are using the supplied SD card its full. Just a thought.

anchor 15:26 21 Nov 05

The new upgrade even causes problems with the TomTom Go 700 that does not even have a SD card.

A few people seem to have lucky, and it has gone well. Others have experienced a nightmare, and only recovered their TomTom Go by re-installing the previous version, (5.201), or their full back-up.

My 700 works fine, so I will leave well alone. In case, why bother if the new features are of no benefit to you personally?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…