TomTom Home

ianeon 08:49 AM 12 May 11

I have tried to run "TomTom Home" on my computer - Windows 7 Home Premium.

It installs OK - but when I try to run it - I get the error "HOME runtime.exe failed with error 0"

I have tried various solutions, from other forums, to solve this problem, but none of them work.

Does anyone here have a good solution to this common problem /

Thank you for your time - Ian

Woolwell 10:33 AM 12 May 11

Try a complete uninstall using something like Revo Free Version Revo Free version, remove all traces and re-install.

ianeon 10:51 AM 12 May 11

Woolwell - Thank you for that thought - but I have already done this at least three times.

Woolwell 10:57 AM 12 May 11

Did you find this Runtime error especially the bit about regedit?

ianeon 12:17 PM 12 May 11

Woolwell - again thank you for your interest in my problem - yes I have done the regedit bit - I also used a programme called " Professional" to clean my computer.

I even installed an earlier copy of Home to see if that would make a difference - lol
  Woolwell 12:18 PM 12 May 11

In which case I can only suggest that you get in touch with TomTom. I have found them helpful before.

woodchip 12:20 PM 12 May 11

Have you tried running it in XP Compatibility Mode?

ianeon 12:32 PM 12 May 11

Woodchip - yes I did. Woolwell - I did as you suggested and I got referred to their FAQ/forums. The crumb of comfort is that I am not the only person with this problem. Apparently the last version has a few problems.

Both of you - "thank you for your interest in my problem."

TonyV 17:19 PM 12 May 11

I have TomTom Home version and it is working fine on Win 7 Home Premium. May be if you check with TomTom they will point you in the right direction. They are available via e mail. Try their website. Equally so, can you try and install an earlier version like mine and see if it works OK for you. [link text][1]

[1]: Runtime help

TonyV 17:26 PM 12 May 11

Don't know what happened to the link, but you can copy and past the link shown at the bottom of my missive by editing out the last 4 words!

ianeon 21:29 PM 14 May 11

TonyV - thank you for that.

I'm now in contact with someone called "Ruth" at TomTom - she is trying to help me solve this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know