TomTom go, adding a database ??

Magik ®© 15:44 11 Nov 04

hi, has anyone out there added the "safety cammera" database to their sat nav device, I have downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, and copied the files, OV2 and BMP into the country directory, but know not sure if that is what they mean.........

thanks

Bagsey 20:42 11 Nov 04

Sorry I cant help you but I was very interested to find that you are using the TOMTOM go Nav system. I am in the market for a Nav system and would be very pleased indeed to hear your comments on TOMTOM, Good or Bad, as I am having trouble finding any realistic assessment of the various systems. Being a good Yorkshireman price and value for cash is very inportant.
Thanks in advance for any info that you can give.

bremner 21:02 11 Nov 04

This might help click here

levyo1 21:09 11 Nov 04

my mate has tomtom with blue tooth he loves it,i run a navman system with gps sleave, which i think is as good if not better,but you will tend to find the navman a tad cheaper but as equal as tomtom

Magik ®© 21:17 11 Nov 04

I have sent you a pm....

thanks all, I just dragged them into it.

g0nvs 21:26 11 Nov 04

I am using Tom Tom GO with the installed safety camera database. Works very well. Take a look here for all your GPS info. regards. click here

accord 21:30 11 Nov 04

Installed TT Nav 3 onto ipaq 4130 and downloaded the speed camera database from click here loads of stuff on here with a forum aswell, dedicated to pda/gps. best piece of geekyness i have ever bought.

Bagsey 21:43 11 Nov 04

Many thanks for your comments in PM. Very useful info. My brother has just bought a Nav system for £800. which I thought was a bit much that is why I started looking at TOMTOM systems. From what you have all said I cant see what he gets extra except a lot of continental maps for his hard earned.????
Thanks to all you others that contributed. Very helpful indeed.

Bagsey 21:43 11 Nov 04

Many thanks for your comments in PM. Very useful info. My brother has just bought a Nav system for £800. which I thought was a bit much that is why I started looking at TOMTOM systems. From what you have all said I cant see what he gets extra except a lot of continental maps for his hard earned.????
Thanks to all you others that contributed. Very helpful indeed.

accord 22:03 11 Nov 04

i was looking at the TT Go but instead decided to upgrade my Toshiba pda for an ipaq with TT Nav 3. 2 for the price of 1 in my eyes.

cheapest TT Go i could find on the web was at click here £411.91 incl VAT

Also click here for an in depth review. It made my mind up to go for Tom Tom over any one else.

Hope this helps

accord 22:04 11 Nov 04

sorry mate ignore all that as i thought you were looking to buy one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009