tomtom backup problem

sunny staines 17:01 13 Nov 05

I have the go700 version with its own harddrive.
I have tried to make my first back up, the personal settings backedup ok. but backing up the maps is causing problems, just over three quarters of the drive backs up then it reaches a sticking point and appears to be backing up on screen and shows as running in task manager.

my computer shows the tomtom as as a drive ok.

Any offers of help to complete the backup.

NIGEY 17:19 13 Nov 05

Sunny having a tom tom myself but only the 300, i find the technical support on click here very helpful, send them an email they will respond in 2 days to it giving clear and informative advice on how to slove your problem,or you can look at other postings on the support section to see if anyone else has had the same probs and how they solved it,so pop along and they will only be to happy to assist you.

woodchip 17:21 13 Nov 05

are you running xp

sunny staines 18:06 13 Nov 05

running xp, been waiting for tomtom support for several weeks for another minor enq, now given up on tomtom support

anchor 09:44 14 Nov 05

I had exactly the same thing when using the TomTom backup programme on my 700..

What I did was to copy the contents of the Tomtom 700 hard drive to a folder on my PC hard drive; that copied everything!; (I compared the 2 drives).

TomTom support have a phone number in the UK:

0845 161 0009

Another very useful source of information is the TomTom Go dedicated forum.

click here

sunny staines 10:25 14 Nov 05

thankyou,problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…