TomTom

vassos 10:06 06 Mar 08

Appreciate it has nothing to do with PC's but I would nonetheless be grateful for any comments. My TomTom 710 "Go" frequently makes a series of three "bong" like noises, much like the internal intercom system on an aircraft - "the Capt. wants another coffee" - and such like. I can relate this signal to nothing and nowhere does TomTom give an explanation. Calling TomTom is a total waste of time, as the phone is never answered. Thanks.

laurie53 10:15 06 Mar 08

Camera warning?

vassos 10:25 06 Mar 08

I suspect you are correct but what cameras? My system operates perfectly on Speed cameras with a sharp beeping warning coupled with the speed allowed. This signal does not seem to relate to anything I can find.

johndrew 10:32 06 Mar 08

Have you looked at their site and asked the question? I found them very helpful click here

Diodorus Siculus 10:45 06 Mar 08

My TomTom has a setting to make a similar waring sound when I exceed the current speed limit - it could be that which is sounding.

vassos 10:48 06 Mar 08

That could be it. Thanks - I will check that one out. I am also trying to navigate my way round the TomTom help site but without any success as yet.

Picklefactory 11:24 06 Mar 08

Also TomTom can be set up to give different warning sound for each type of speed camera (Traffic light, Truvelo etc) to differentiate between them. Not sure what the point of that is, though, unless it's to determine average speed cameras from current speed cameras maybe.

vassos 11:33 06 Mar 08

Thanks guys. TomTom have come back to me in record time and the noise is related to POI or Safety Camera.

Salut 17:33 06 Mar 08

I am so pleased to read this thread! Bought a TomTom One XL the other day and today sat in a layby working out why the thing bonged at me. I have now reset the Safety Preferences so I now know what they each mean. By the way, I have chosen the cow sound to prompt me to watch my speed!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now