Tom Tom Trojan

ronlin 21:43 30 Jan 07

According to scources theres a virus/trojan on the tom tom satnavs what can i do if mines contaminated/

p;3 21:49 30 Jan 07

click here

have a nose at this thread for starters

ronlin 21:59 30 Jan 07

Thanks for that , done it.

p;3 22:04 30 Jan 07

my ammusement with this though is that if it is the car navigation thingi;

to whom do you send out the distress call when you are navigated into the large field of cows around the non-existant bend you have just negotiated ....

sinbads 22:09 30 Jan 07

p;3
whats your point?

p;3 22:11 30 Jan 07

do you not have a sense of humour and the ridiculous?

sinbads 22:30 30 Jan 07

p;3
ok the 910 veresion of tom tom may contain malware ;but it shouldn't present to much of a problem if ytou have the basic protection.

Never been in the cow feild situation lol

woodchip 23:12 30 Jan 07

virus/trojan Will not be on the Tom Tom software it will be on the site most likely, waiting for victims. So it can put it on your computer at download

ronlin 09:34 31 Jan 07

Thanks everybody i reckon ive got reasonable protection on my pc to take care of any threat.

sinbads 16:14 31 Jan 07

woodchip

The malware was in a batch of 910's produced in a particular week.

Since you need to connect your device to a computer, this is where the malware is introduced to your computer.
click here

Confab 16:37 31 Jan 07

The malware was pre-installed on the TomTom 910 only.

"Popular navigation aid TomTom has admitted that a batch of its latest devices have shipped with a virus pre-installed"

You do not need to connect your TomTom to a computer as everything you need to get going is in the box. However if you want to you can connect to a computer updates etc.

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…