Tom Tom and bluethooth

mike40 09:45 27 Aug 07

Hi All

I have a TomtTom 700 and wish to use a vodafone bluetooth phone. There are only a couple listed on the TomTom website as being compatible, both of which are quiet expensive. I don't need a camera nor an mp3 player. All I want is a phone. Has anyone any suggested as to which other models are compatible with TomTom

Many thanks

johndrew 11:07 27 Aug 07

Have you tried asking the Tech. Support at TomTom?? They are more likely to know the full range.

Tim1964 11:25 27 Aug 07

I have the 710 which is bluetooth enabled. Is there a 'bluetooth' option on the Tomtom's settings menu? That may be one of the differences between the 700and the 710.

mike40 17:45 27 Aug 07

Hi
Thanks for the response. johndrew. No I must admit I have not asked Tech support at TomTom. I just checked on the website for compatible phones. I will give them a try. Tim1946. The 700 is bluetooth enabled but I am lead to believe that not all bluetooth phones are compatible. I just wondered if any forum member had used any phones with my device

Cheers

bremner 18:27 27 Aug 07

The Tom website gives a comprehensive list of phones compatible with the 700 - click here.

It also says "It may be possible to use other phones. However, TomTom cannot guarantee or support compatibility with any unlisted phones. This list is updated regularly as new phones are tested"

I know my 910 would not work with my Motorola V630 but was fine with my wife L7.

mike40 19:14 27 Aug 07

Thanks bremmer

That was the list I checked when I decided to use a bluetooth phone. There were only two listed an they were a bit on the expensive side particularly when I do not want all the fancy stuff that normally accompanies mobile phones. I think I may abandon the idea and just use a hands free kit.

Many thanks all for your responses

Mike40

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…