Todays date in Excel spreadsheet

johnincrete 07:27 28 Jun 09

With a single click or keyboard shortcut, I want to enter today's date in format DD/MM/YY in an excel spreadsheet.
Can anyone help please

bremner 07:55 28 Jun 09

Control + semi colon (Ctrl ;)

mgmcc 07:58 28 Jun 09

You can record a Macro to do this. Start recording a Macro, then type into a cell =TODAY() and press Enter. If necessary, format the cell to display as Date. Stop recording and allocate a keyboard shortcut to the Macro. (The date inserted will always update to *today's* date - it won't retain the original date.)

mgmcc 08:00 28 Jun 09

>>> Control + semi colon

That's even better! :)

johnincrete 18:44 28 Jun 09

Problem is I would want it to stay the same date as when entered. Can it be done?

reddwarfcrew 18:52 28 Jun 09

record the macro as described above but in addition record copying the cell and then doing a paste special and paste values.

VoG II 18:57 28 Jun 09

Easier method: right click the sheet tab, select View Code then copy the following and paste into the white space on the right

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = True
Target.Value = Date
End Sub

Press ALT + Q to return to your sheet. Now, double click any cell to add a date that won't change.

johnincrete 03:35 29 Jun 09

Thanks, that's just what I want

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…