TOBA

toba 19:49 17 Jan 06

I use Trend Micro PC-cillin it has dected a problem it found in Realtime scan ADW MINIBUG and deleted it.
The problem is installed on my machine it finds it without being logged on to the Internet.
I have spy bot,ad-aware se,mircosoft beta and even tried noadware 4 none detect anything.
Trend Micro said the infected file was c:\system volume infomation\_restore{34ED1D26-45CA-4F17-A19E030FF5B553AA}
RP129\A0012619.dll I have carried out a search to no avail PC registry find problems but althrough it deletes them they return. Any ideas I am a novice at this.

VoG II 19:52 17 Jan 06

It is in a System Restore point. PC-cillin won't be able to remove it from there. It can't do any harm unless you restore to that restore point.

If you want to remove it the simplest way is to turn System Restore off, then on again click here

NOTE: this will remove all of your restore points.

jimv7 19:53 17 Jan 06

You have to turn off system restore and lose all your restore points, then scan again prferaby in safe mode.

Right click 'my computer/properties/system restore' tick the box to turn off restore points, after scanning don't forget to tick the box to reinstate restore points.

Thalmus 19:54 17 Jan 06

This is in one of your system restore points.

To delete them all right click my computer > proerites > system restore. Tick the box that says "turn off system restore" and then ok, this will delete all your system restore points along with the problem.

If you want to turn it back on after that will be ok

Skills 19:57 17 Jan 06

Its referring to a file in the system restore folder the only way you could get infected from it is if you restore from that point. To clean out all but the most recent restore point run the disk clean up (right clieck hard drive | properties ) Then theres a more options tab and the button down the bottom cleans out the system restore.

Anti spyware tools and anti virus programs cant clean infections from the restore points.

toba 20:40 17 Jan 06

A BIG THANKS to VogTM, jimv,thalmus and skills for your help I will now carry out your instructions.

toba 21:12 17 Jan 06

Instructions carried out as a matter of interest what kind of threat was it and how dangerous was it?

VoG II 21:14 17 Jan 06

ADW refers to adware, I believe, so not a big threat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…