TMPGEnc Sound Problems

Henrik Ibsen 12:22 19 Jul 05

Hi,

I'm sure there are many people with this problem as I've seen it posted up elsewhere (but, stupidly, didn't take notice).

As my DVD player plays mpegs but not avis, I normally use TMPGEnc to get video files running, but it seems that occasionally the sound does not get transferred for some reason. I have just lost the main file for a full movie after I thought everything was done and now I have a large movie on 2 CDs with no sound. Again stupidly, this is not the first time.

Can anybody tell me:-

A) Whether there is there a type of mpeg file that I should be converting to in order to prevent sound loss, or indeed anything I can do to configure TMPGEnc in order to prevent it?

B) Whether it is possible to restore sound to an mpeg file? Is it possible to get a separate sound stream from somewhere and merge them together?

Any help at all would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Henrik Ibsen 14:58 19 Jul 05

Anyone able to help.....please?

rubella 16:13 19 Jul 05

Try stripping the sound file out with virtualdub click here then combine in TMPGEnc

Henrik Ibsen 22:37 19 Jul 05

Okay, I think I have an idea about how to combine in TMPGEnc but can you give me any pointers as to how to strip the sound file out, please?

rubella 23:00 19 Jul 05

Open your file in virtualdub and from the file menu select save WAV.

Henrik Ibsen 13:36 20 Jul 05

Damn! No luck. It plays for about 30 seconds and then just cuts out. Any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac