Tiscali/Outlook Express

ruskle 09:46 11 Dec 04

When I try to read my email using Outlook Express I get an error message after a few emails have arrived. When I use Tiscali email I find an email with no sender or subject, if I delete this email and go back to Outlook it downloads them all with no errors. I use XP home and SP2
Any solutions

curlylad 10:10 11 Dec 04

If you keep getting an email from the same source that is giving you the problem , I would download and use Mailwasher , with this you can blacklist the source of the email which should sort you out .Mailwasher click here

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 10:16 11 Dec 04

if you right click >properties on the troublesome Email then click >Details you can see where its from then you can add it to the block sender list in outlook Express.possibly

phil.smith 10:24 11 Dec 04

I use Tesco.net and my emails have stopped coming in with an error message

Tesco tell me that it is Norton AV which is causing the problem - I had to turn off scanning incoming and outgoing emails in options and then everything was OK but as soon as I switched back on the error was ther again

Might be of use to you

Grendle 12:30 11 Dec 04

If you have Norton antivirus run live update and down load the common client update - this has sorted the problems I had

Dorsai 13:49 11 Dec 04

Does anyone know if this problem is caused by the scanning of *outgoing* mail, *incomming* mail, or both?

My AV is up to date, so i think i am safe to assume i am not forawding virus's, but don't want to be mailed one.

Norton allows you to select scanning incoming only, outgoing only, or both.

ruskle 10:44 13 Dec 04

Thanks to all of you who helpred solve the problem,
I disabled the scan incoming mail in Norton antivrus and all seems OK. I also delete any mail i don't recognise as being secure without opening it.
Merry Christmas,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…