Tiscali/LineOne ISP DUN - No Connection

FCD 17:45 29 Dec 03

I have been running Line One as my ISP for several years with little problem. Yesterday when I tried to connect, my modem dialed correctly, I got the "verifying user name and password" dialogue then after 20 secs my phone disconnected with a dialogue box "disconnected from the computer you dialled".

I have rechecked my setting several times and have no problems with my alternate ISP [Onetel} but have never seen this failure before. {Using Onetel, I can even check my Line One e-mail so my password is being recognised}.

I have not been able to contact the Line One help line yet but wondered if any other Line One users had the same problem as it appears [?] to be a problem at the Line One end and has been going on for over 24 hrs???

There was athread yesterday that said LineOne was now Tiscali, with a new number.

See this athread :-) click here

spuds 23:30 29 Dec 03

I have both Lineone and Tiscali accounts. Both are working okay at my end. Yesterday was a bit of a maintenance day at the Tiscali server,this warning as been broadcast over a few days previously, perhaps this had something to do with your problem.I had problems yesterday, when trying to connect, couldn't find server error messages.

You could have a look here click here

FCD 11:20 30 Dec 03

I guess I was one of many who were left off LineOne's e-mail; so, very many thanks for the help - as always I am very grateful to the forum experts.

Troodles 21:24 06 Jan 04

I have been using Tiscali Broadband service £15.99 for about 6 weeks and have an absolute nightmare trying to connect. It takes several attempts every time to log onto the service. I have called their technical support based in India numerous times and they still have not solved the problem.

I main error is a 721, has anyone experienced this with Tiscali and was it resolved?

Also if this continues, I signed a 12 month contract am I within my rights to cancel the contract due to bad service?

spuds 23:13 06 Jan 04

You may have noticed that Tiscali have been posting warning about essential maintenance work, before, during and after christmas.Just right for the most busiest time of the year!!. So far I have nearly gone unscathed,with just one night of having problems with connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…