LewWeb 11:04 06 Nov 04

Have recently changed to broadband with Tiscali, since when I have had nothing else but problems with this server. I have agreed on a year's contact period and if I renege on this I am informed that they will insist on a full years payment.
I have had a gutful with these people. If you telephone their helpline 'foreign' sounding people answer who seem to have difficulty in understanding Queen's English, and trying to explain your problem to this so-called help-line is no 'bllly of laughs'.
Is there any way I can get out of their clutches and change my server without having to PAY UP ???

Graham ® 11:24 06 Nov 04

The short answer is no, you can't get out of the contract.

It is unlikely the problems are with their server, as all customers would be affected.

If you tell us of the problems and details of your O/S and modem, we will try to help.

rômanab 11:27 06 Nov 04

Check out their broadband forum (you will need to register to view it)click here not a happy place, but there are tiscali support staff on them so they may be able to sort your problem as they appear to respond quite quickly.

I have also just upgraded but have been pleased with it so far, a couple of niggles with the modem but nothing too terrible.

Jackcoms 11:47 06 Nov 04

And the 'foreign' sounding people you refer to are precisely that.

Tiscali's helpdesks are based in India - it's the way of the world these days.

I also use Tiscali BB with no problems.

Perhaps you could expand to us on your precise problem and somebody may be able to help.

struggle8 12:49 06 Nov 04

So whats the prob I signed up to tiscali bb for about 10 month no I have only had to contact then once or twice in that time i think its a great service I have only had 2 probs in that time 1 was a smurf attack on tiscali server and 2 was probs with there email wow what a servce smashing super great. (well someone has to praise them) do u have the correct software installed for the bb and so on

rawprawn 15:03 06 Nov 04

I use Tiscali BB and I have had no problems at all, like Jackcoms I think it would be a good idea to tell us what the problems you are having are.

Dorsai 15:19 06 Nov 04

Ditto rawprawn & Jackcoms, I also have Tiscali BB.

The only problem i had was the free modem being worth exactly what i paid for it.

I bought a new modem. problem solved.

Otherwise no problems at all. All i can do is re-iterate the suggestion you let us know what your problems are, and hopefully someone can help come up with a solution.

Jackcoms 15:27 06 Nov 04

There's now several of us waiting to help you (all Tiscali users).

Do you want to tell us your problem?? :-)

spuds 17:12 06 Nov 04

I use Tiscali 3x and 10x services, and I have no major problems which cause me great worry. If the service is as bad for you as you state,then you could use the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 as a point of argument for the termination of your contract. But make sure that you are 100% sure as to your facts of bad service before you try and implement this route.

Jackcoms 18:31 06 Nov 04

"If the service is as bad for you as you state"

Slow down a bit, LewWeb hasn't bothered to tell us his problem yet!

spuds 19:25 06 Nov 04

Just going on LewWeb's introductory comments-Sorry ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…