tiscali webmail+attacments

bobatnorthway 14:15 20 Nov 05

When using Tiscali webmail, i am unable to select a file as an attachment or to modify, I am aware of the restriction on size of file, but this does not come into the equasion as, I am unable to even browse the file for selection, when I hit the button for add/modify attachment, I get an audible error sound and nothing else.

Skyver 14:27 20 Nov 05

Is your Java up to date? click here

bobatnorthway 14:34 20 Nov 05

yes java is upto date, I have also tried the same excercise using my lycos webmail with the same results.

Skyver 14:39 20 Nov 05

Using Internet Explorer 6? What firewall/AV software do you use? Any privacy software (Mcafee Privacy Service for example)?

Skyver 14:40 20 Nov 05

A popup blocker could prevent the link working too.

bobatnorthway 14:44 20 Nov 05

I have disabled Norton Security, with no effect.

Skyver 14:48 20 Nov 05

In the IE status bar you should see something like this when you mouse over the Attachment link h--p://webmail.tiscali.co.uk/mail/VerifyGet?sid=6DC8BF9E4F4739B2FCAB62[email protected]&seq=C&auth=AWTXBMNSZ12ROHI1#
Do `copy link shortcut`, open a new Internet Explorer window and paste it into the address bar. It should take you back to the Tiscali log in page which will confirm it's not a malformed URL

Skyver 14:56 20 Nov 05

Looks like i broke the page...

bobatnorthway 15:33 20 Nov 05

Have tried as you suggested and on copying & pasting address I get the following-

Invalid authentication – please contact us. (57)

Skyver 15:45 20 Nov 05

I can't get that message to appear even if I edit the url to make it wrong. Did you store your Tiscali password with IE? It may need clearing out. Tools/Internet Options/Content/Autocomplete.
Do you get a privacy warning icon in the status bar when using webmail? A small no-entry sign.

bobatnorthway 16:03 20 Nov 05

No i get no such warning, when I try to clear passwords in ie options, it hangs and then, programm not responding message

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…