tiscali webmail

charlton200 14:46 12 Aug 09

Does anyone know how to close this account down.
I have opened a webmail account with someone else because of the hundreds of emails the tiscali one generates.
I can't find a way of closing it. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks.

Graham John 16:23 12 Aug 09

I also couldn't find a way of closing the account, I just stopped using it.

Pineman100 16:30 12 Aug 09

I don't think you can actually close your Tiscali webmail account. So long as Tiscali is your ISP the account will exist.

I found the same spam problem as you, with Tiscali. So I set up a new email account with Google Mail. I use this for all my private emailing, but I still use my Tiscali account for any commercial use - ie: entering my email address on retail sites, and so on.

This ensure that all spam goes to my Tiscali email account (which I look at about once a week and just delete everything), while all my wanted email goes to Google Mail.

So long as you're conscientious about not giving your Google Mail account to any commercial organisation, it should stay clear of spam (plus it has a pretty effective built-in spam filter).

charlton200 17:57 12 Aug 09

I have not got tiscali as my ISP now as I changed to o2. I also have a hotmail email for my rubbish.
So Tiscali is not needed; I just thought you could close the account but I see that I'm not the only one.

Thanks very much.

johnnyrocker 20:02 12 Aug 09

have you tried going into tools and deleting the account?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…