Tiscali stopping access for me?

Housten 10:20 AM 09 May 13

Good morning, Everyone,

Sorry to waste tour time but I am looking for some help on Tiscali. I read on here a little while ago that all us long sufferers with emails addresses BUT NOT AN ACCOUNT were going to get cut off. I thought that this was at the end of last month, and as I accessed the emails by broadband I wouldn't be cut off. So I tried to access my emails, having been successful yesterday to find that the 'logging on' circle went round for over 5 minutes.

So I thought I would check on here, searched for 'tiscali' and went though the first 8 - I think it was 8 - pages with the most recent being 2011. I checked and there are 257 pages and as most seem to be earlier than 2011 - in fact of those that I saw the majority were from 2002 - 2008 - I have come to believe this was mentioned in another subject entirely. Does anyone remember this, please? If I could be pointed at the original subject I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

lotvic 11:13 AM 09 May 13

Do the search in Google, and you can choose the date range under Any Time in Search Tools. Example below using Tiscali email for search terms - you can alter as suits you.

Tiscali email site:pcadvisor.co.uk/forums

Woolwell 14:49 PM 09 May 13
  Housten 15:15 PM 09 May 13

Thank you that was exactly the post I was looking forward, and the 30th April is what I remembered! With my brain-box problems that is indeed very gratifying.

However my wife said I should have waited until this afternoon and try again. This was after I had entered my password - the correct word I can assure you - and over the three or four times I tried this morning, I just got thrown out or got held on, and on, and on, and on....

Anyway, I have just tried this afternoon and it appears to be working normally - as far as anything can be called normal on Tiscali!!!

Many thanks for everyone's interest.

Sea Urchin 16:26 PM 12 May 13

Tiscali/TalkTalk have major problems at the moment with email. Supposedly intermittant, but more off than on. Has been ongoing since 9 May - techs working on it.

Housten 16:16 PM 13 May 13

Sea Urchin,

Thank you. I have noticed the sign on the login page. They ask for time, odd that, they want time but won't give anything. Still I am still getting access, well intermittently, to my emails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know