Tiscali slowdown

roi 10:59 17 Oct 03

I signed up for Tiscali's 256 broadband over a year ago. Until recently I have been getting 512, but this seems to have dropped to 256 at about the time they introduced 150. No complaints. I have benefited from a higher speed access than I have been paying for. However, since the reduction in speed my emails have been taking an interminable time to get through. A daily BBC subscription to Newsnight took over 8 hours, arriving the following morning (ie hours after the advertised progrsmme had finished). I signed up for a new e-mail account, and their confirmatory e-mail took over 8 hours to reach me.

Has anyone else been suffering? Has anyone any idea what the hold-up is? £19.99 per month for broadband may be reasonable, but not if its advantages are lost.

Laser157 12:36 17 Oct 03

Last night I had problems connecting to the POP3 server for both my Tiscali and the old Gateway.net address. My other POP3 accounts elsewhere were working fine. It looks like they were having problems with the server. Also I think some servers, not just Tiscali, have been getting jammed up with all the virus stuff around. I had 18 of these into my Yahoo mailbox yesterday! I use Tiscali Broadband too and find it very reliable and fast. I don't think your e.mail problems are anything to do with Broadband.

Stuartli 15:10 17 Oct 03

It might be worth placing your query on the Tiscali website's forums as the support staff usually answer these type of questions within reasonable time.

They may be able to provide an answer to your problem.

Stuartli 15:17 17 Oct 03

You might think that eight hours is a long time, but last month some e-mails my son sent to me were taking eight to nine DAYS to be delivered by Tiscali.

My son found out the reason.

He said: "It was Tiscali's fault..." and provided this explanation:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 144 hours on the queue on mk-rewrite-3.mail.uk.tiscali.
co.

The message identifier is: 19tiFl-000Kb3-00
The date of the message is: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 07:34:13 +0100
The subject of the message is: xxxxx
The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is: xxxxx

Delay reason: unknown error

roi 16:20 17 Oct 03

Thanx Stuartli. Have posted on forum. Notice that today's tiscali status shows webmail problems early this afternoon, and email problems now!

spuds 12:27 18 Oct 03

I have always given praise to Tiscali, having held a Lineone/Tiscali account, for a very long time now. But recently,I have had to contact Tiscali help via email and postal methods.I am tending to find that if you have a 'sales' query, the response is very prompt.If on the other hand, it is a technical or service query, then things can get a bit depressingly slow.Recently, I have had problems with sending email, and Tiscali's reply to that, was that I had to contact my programme suppliers, as Tiscali cannot help with third party issues.All I know, is that some of my emails get 'Unable to send. Due to Server refusal' error messages.

Gee Tee 19:58 18 Oct 03

I have had e-mail problems all week with
tiscali, password errors all the time in
all my 5 e-mail addresses.

Stuartli 14:02 20 Oct 03

I've always found Tiscali's support via e-mail to be good, although you may have to wait up to 24 hours for a response.

Stuartli 16:20 20 Oct 03

I notice that a number of Tiscali broadband customers are complaining about slow speeds on its own forums...

Seems they've been running speed checks and are not very happy bunnies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…