Tiscali SE587 - Alternative Firmwares?

PolkaDotCat 16:25 26 Sep 08

I have the above router. The default firmware doesn't appear to support port forwarding, so I've been looking into the practicalities of trying out other firmwares. The router appears to be based on a Conexant chipset (Conexant Solos 4610 RD?). There are a number of routers which seem to use the same hardware; the Zoom x6, for example. I've looked at the Zoom x6 firmware, and it uses the same basic configuration language, but seemingly a different firmware image format. The Zoom firmware is a Tar-based format contained images that appear to be built using the GCC toolchain for Arm cpus.

Can anyone shed more light on this? Is there other, better firmare for the SE587? Will other image formats work, or will they brick the router?

Fanx, innit.

L8-tian 21:28 26 Sep 08

Check this link for the firmware version..

SE587 Firmware Released

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is now available here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…