tiscali problems again

surfmonkey #:@}© 16:02 28 Jun 06

any one got any problems with tiscali bb at the moment as aftwer upgradeing to 2mb from 1mb again bb speed has decraesed from over 1mbps to well under 500kbps on phone as i type to india again

rawprawn 16:08 28 Jun 06

I am also having problems, I upgraded to 2 mb but saw no change from my 1 mb connection so I phoned India. They tell me they are unable to do a real speed test because I ditched their Sagem modem (after problems) and they don't know how to manage my D Link usb/adsl modem. Some technical help!!

Marsh Warden © ™ 16:08 28 Jun 06

No problems here on 2Mb. Could be a contention issue. What does the speed test click here show.

micemews 16:43 28 Jun 06

I have just upgraded to 2mb. I have just done the tiscali speed check (twice in quick succession). these are my readings :-

current bandwidth 256mbps 303mbps

you can download at 32mb/s 38mbs

YOU (in the box below) 262144kbps 311081kbps

I dont know whether this helps but these are my currrent readings but the speed does not seem any different than before.

I tried to ring the 'dedicated 24/7 technical help line in India but after going through all the 'press buttons' on the phone I was told to ring back later as they were too busy.

I dont suppose it really mattered because even if I had got through i probably wouldnt have been able to make then understand me or me them.

rawprawn 17:13 28 Jun 06

I ran 3 tests on your link, they were 798kbps, 999.3 kbps and 1003 respectively. This morning I got 1.21 mb and it is normally about that on my 1 mb connection.

spuds 17:19 28 Jun 06

I am on the Tiscali 2Mb package. Just done the test using the above link, and it stated 2.21Mbps. Just tried the speedtest from click here and the speedtest result was 1.75mbps.

alB 17:29 28 Jun 06

Just tried your speedtest site, I'm on Tiscali 1mb package and it came back with 1.70mbps. ...alB

rawprawn 17:32 28 Jun 06

I am showing 1.05 mbps

spuds 17:38 28 Jun 06

Done another test using click here and its reporting that the BB connection is running 87% efficient at this moment.

Also did a test using click here

spuds 17:51 28 Jun 06

Just completed another two test in tandem, using click here. The readings now 1.25Mbps and 1.35Mbps.

Think I will leave it at that before I revert back to dial-up speed. Strange though the speed of page downloads seems to be flying, with no hung-ups today :O)

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:54 28 Jun 06

right spoke to india they say ther is a fault on my line tested line at bt.com it dose show a line fault somewhere outside the house on its test god only knows how they can tell that from an internet test online but who knows waiting for a enginer keep you up to date says i will be contacted by the 4 of july yippie may be my phone line will get its inderpendence to like the usa haha

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…