TISCALI PROBLEMS

rotormota 15:03 05 Apr 09

Hi,

Anyone got Tiscali connection problems in the Gravesend/Dartford areas? There are major outages but apparently not the above area but a friend has not been able to connect for 24 hours.

Cheers
J

Forum Editor 15:10 05 Apr 09

from Speakers Corner.

Elderslie 16:18 05 Apr 09

Tiscali was off line here in the Edinburgh area from Saturday Afternoon till about three fifteen on Sunday afternoon. It is now back on stream now. And yes, I was inconvenienced, thank you!

ened 16:29 05 Apr 09

Try the Tiscali home page and log in with your friends id.

You should be able to check service updates - at least you could when I was with Tiscali. Sorry if this info is out of date.

Pineman100 16:40 05 Apr 09

I couldn't get my Tiscali B/B connection all yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. I'm in East Anglia.

I called their technical support desk, and a very polite but miserable-sounding Asian woman told me that "the exchange that serves Tiscali is having maintenance work done by BT. Thank you for calling Tiscali - have a great day."

Xo(

The connection was restored late on Saturday afternoon.

muddypaws 21:09 05 Apr 09

I have just been re-connected at 8pm today having been cut off since 3pm yesterday.
This allegedly was the problem. click here
Does anyone have any more info to clarify?
I thought Tiscali might have bit the dust at last!

Elderslie 11:26 06 Apr 09

If there is a major BT outage in SE England, can someone please explain to me why I should be having difficulties logging on to Tiscali from Edinburgh?
I managed to log on after many tries on Sunday afternoon then when I logged off so as not to hog the system I was unable to log on again!

Crazygeorge3 12:39 06 Apr 09

Having trouble last night in Cambridge. Couldn't connect from 7pm onwards, haven't tried today though.

Paid £5 in internet fee's on my phone too!

Pineman100 12:57 06 Apr 09

"If there is a major BT outage in SE England, can someone please explain to me why I should be having difficulties logging on to Tiscali from Edinburgh?"
Well, I'm no expert, but if the SE England outage affected Tiscali's internet access....

We all get a bit peed off when we can't connect to the internet, but I do feel a certain sympathy for the ISP's. Nothing on earth is 100% reliable, and there can be very few companies whose systems have to work 24/7/365 without so much as a moment's hitch, as an ISP.

One glitch, and thousands of customers are immediately up in arms!

I've been with Tiscali for several years, and this is truly the first time that I can remember being without my internet connection.

Clapton is God 13:41 06 Apr 09

"One glitch, and thousands of customers are immediately up in arms!"

But only 5 of them have, apparently seen fit to moan in this Forum. ;-)

ened 14:13 06 Apr 09

"I've been with Tiscali for several years, and this is truly the first time that I can remember being without my internet connection."

I have to admit that was one of the only reasons I gave them so many chances. Apart from that if you can think of a problem then I probably experienced it which is why we parted company eventually.

It is surprising, though there is a nationwide outage, especially as other isps don't seem to be affected.

That's just put the kybosh on it!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…