tiscali pop setup, tell me what I'm missing

Epirb406 13:22 04 Aug 06

Hi all,

Have a number of email accounts with a number of ISPs. This has come about over the years with not wanting to change my 'public' email address. In fact everything now goes to my web domain adress to my current isp and I use Outlook Express to access it.

Everything is working fine and I am accessing three email accounts on my behalf and another three which are secondary accounts in another OE identity (My wife's)

One out of these six accounts is not behaving as expected, one of the secondary accounts.

It is the Tiscali account which I can reach with webmail but even though OE seems to checking this account (connecting.... authorising.....disconnecting) it is not downloading the messages.

Checked, triple checked settings, looked at Tiscali help, anyone here any ideas?

Thanks, Epirb.

MichelleC 13:35 04 Aug 06

I'm not sure what their servers are playing at but I know I'm not the only one who has probs collecting my mail. They won't admit to any probs, and their support is crapolla.

cycoze 13:36 04 Aug 06

Tiscali have upgraded their email server this last week and it has caused many problems for many people, mainly lineone, worldonline and screaming email accounts.

The new details are as follows:

Tiscali Settings
login [email protected]
incoming email (POP3) pop.tiscali.co.uk
outgoing email (SMTP) smtp.tiscali.co.uk
FTP server click here
Webspace address click here
Usenet news.tiscali.co.uk

Lineone Settings
login [email protected]
incoming email (POP3) pop3.lineone.net
outgoing email (SMTP) smtp.lineone.net
FTP server click here
Usenet news.lineone.net

Tinyworld Settings
login [email protected]
FTP server click here

Tinyonline Settings
login [email protected]
FTP server click here

World Online Settings
login [email protected]
FTP server click here

Screaming.net Settings
login [email protected]
FTP server click here

Gateway Settings
login [email protected]
incoming email (POP3) pop3.ukgateway.net
outgoing email (SMTP) smtp.ukgateway.net
FTP server click here

It seems a script was used for wol and screaming mail to forward the old style addresses ie; [email protected] to [email protected] , a lot of people have found that news letters etc that they signed up to with the old style address have stopped working, having said that i have looked on tiscalis forums today and their support are saying that these emails should come through in the next 24 hours, will have to wait and see on that, i personally have had none of my old style adressed emails since the weekend and chose to signup using the new style address just in case.

Epirb406 13:37 04 Aug 06

They did have problems a couple of days ago and it was acknowleged on their website but they are now solved but I seem to have this bizarre hangover!

Epirb.

James ® 13:39 04 Aug 06

For reference

cycoze 13:39 04 Aug 06

note the username has changed from username.worldonline.co.uk swapping the dot for an @ , thats across the board.

Epirb406 13:40 04 Aug 06

Yep with you there but this is a [email protected] acoount and shouldn't be affected and as I say, I'm sure I've rechecked this accounts settings both anainst the website and my other accounts......strange....??

Epirb.

cycoze 13:46 04 Aug 06

If the emails are there on the server they should still download, i know sometimes if i try checking for mail within a half hour of using webmail it refuses to work.

How long has this been like it for you? if just this week it may just be because of the ongoing work and will hopefully be resolved soon, one of my Tiscali addys refused to download a couple of times yesterday but appears ok now.

Epirb406 13:51 04 Aug 06

I assume that that is tahe case but until wednesday neither of the accounts would connect. 1 then connected and downloaded and the other is connecting but not down loading, very strange.

I can log into webmail and see that mail is still being received. I am as we type checking the possibilities of sending mail from web mail.

Epirb.

MichelleC 14:59 04 Aug 06

Epirb406, I've had these probs for 3 weeks or more. Some friends say their mail is being bounced, even when I collect it via OE.

Epirb406 21:45 04 Aug 06

That would be easy but not productive.

Anyone any ideas?

Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5