Tiscali or Plus net

alboy 20:14 31 Oct 05

Any advice on Tiscali or Plus net for Broadband supplier, not a heavy user

i.tech 20:18 31 Oct 05

Only have experience of Tiscali but I found them to be great as far as connections go, fast and cheap and if you change your telephone package to them also you will won't get any download limits. I had an uncapped 1MB connection for £14.99 a month. I did have issues with there Customer Service however you'll always find that with any company some customers have problems and others don't. I have heard friends opinions that they were very helpful.

hatrickj 20:32 31 Oct 05

I use plusnet and have had no problems. From my pov the help is very good

Taff™ 20:36 31 Oct 05

PlusNet - They Care!

busman 20:46 31 Oct 05

Tiscali have a lot of angry customers with speed issues at the moment during peak times, me included,my 2MB connection actualy drops to half a meg in the evening.just somthing you might consider before taking the plunge.

Taff™ 08:09 01 Nov 05

Plusnet offer a reasonable use policy with unlimited downloads and up to 2MB speeds. For a one off payment of £11.75 you can opt for a monthly contract that doesn`t tie you to the normal 12 month one. Free modem and set up and their customer service is a national rate number.

If you are recommended by a friend they get 50p off their monthly bill for as long as you remain a member. You get the same by referring Plusnet to others. (Drop me a message & I`ll give you my referal details!!!)

Exactly 12 months ago a similar contract was about £23 - when they dropped the prices significantly they also reduced our payments without asking - how much fairer can you get than that?

Batch 08:13 01 Nov 05

I don't use either, but everyone I know that has PlusNet rates them. Tiscali gets a lot of flak.

Simsy 08:18 01 Nov 05

gone broadband. On the recommendation of a good pal I've gone with Plusnet.

Small problem with webspace, click here , which hasn't been resolved, (though I haven't persued it!), but otherwise it's been fine. No connection problems, and appears to be quick all the time.

the above problem aside, I'm happy to recommend them. Price is good also.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…