Tiscali - online email access

Jonathan314159 13:16 01 Jan 04

Is it just me? - I haven't been able to get online access to the email system for the pat couple of days. And generally its a bit of a random experience.

Have two accounts, one with Lineone, the other Tiscali. When logging in, I just end up with a blank screen.

Stuartli 13:25 01 Jan 04

Perhaps you should have checked the Service Status page as users in the Edinburgh area and those on broadband are informed they could have problems at present.

anchor 13:26 01 Jan 04

I get the same until I shut down my Firewall, (Zone-Alarm pro), and refresh. Then all is fine.

I have no problems entering from this site:

click here

Jonathan314159 13:30 01 Jan 04

I can't see the message that broadband users may have problems, and don't live anywhere near Edinburgh (or even Edinborough as Tiscali spell it).

But having said all that have now managed to log on.

Feels a bit like calling the AA out, only to find the car starts when they arrive - but thanks for you replies!

Stuartli 14:35 01 Jan 04

Clear enough to me:

click here

which states for both Monday and Tuesday:

Due to planned network maintenance work, some Broadband Customers may experience minor outages. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Tiscali Technical Team.

PS

I was only assuming you may be on broadband.

They certainly can't spell Edinburgh though..:-)

Jonathan314159 16:04 01 Jan 04

It's the firewall that's the problem - have to disable it to get into the email.

Stuartli 16:06 01 Jan 04

I have ZA and it's never stopped me...:-)

Jonathan314159 17:26 01 Jan 04

agree, its odd, and I havent noticed it before. Using Norton

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…