Tiscali free upgrade ?

rawprawn 16:37 14 Feb 05

We were told that we could upgrade from 512 kb to 1 meg online at no extra cost, first of all on 10th Feb.Then that was changed to 14th Feb. which is what it showed this morning but with no option to change. This afternoon there is no option at all. I have emailed and await reply. Anybody else care to comment.

WMB 16:52 14 Feb 05

Still shows upgrade available 14th Feb for me.
I'm waiting for then to put it back a few days.

If anyone from Tiscali's listening, then I think this customer could migrate to another ISP that offers a 1 mb or faster service now.

rawprawn 16:59 14 Feb 05

Are you clicking on "Change your existing broadband package" ? I am showing my speed as 512 and only given the option to change to 512 or 256.Doesn't say anything about 14th Feb

polo 17:16 14 Feb 05

My broadband runs at about 500 most of the time though it's supposed to be 1GB. I think the majic word is 'upto', up to 1GB which is what they say.

polo 17:18 14 Feb 05

I did of course mean 1 mb (I think!)

rawprawn 17:34 14 Feb 05

It is still showing 14th Feb if you look in "Change your DIALUP package"but not in BB

spuds 17:48 14 Feb 05

I had a recent telephone call from Tiscali, and in the conversation I was told that I could simply upgrade on-line to another higher grade package. Tried it and didn't succeed.Apparently my telephone number is 'negative' and Tiscali cannot provide me with any internet services. I wonder how I have managed connection to the internet, telegraphic thought possibly!.

This might be worth a read, as it mentions how confused Tiscali are getting click here

spuds 17:53 14 Feb 05

Should have added this link for recent upgrade problems information click here

Jackcoms 18:20 14 Feb 05

I've upgraded from 512k to 1mb today. Should take about 24 hours to kick in, I understand.

Here's what to do:

1) Go to My Account using the following link:

click here

2) In the change access package box, click on the 'Change your current access package' (Note that you do not click on the other option 'Upgrade to high speed broadband').

3) Then, type your complete broadband email address and password in the respective text boxes and click 'Next'.

4) Now, select the relevant package and click on 'Next' to change your package.

JGG 19:45 14 Feb 05

Thanks for taking the time and explaining this Jackcoms.. I've checked a couple of times today and blowed if could find the path to update!

Guess we'll just have to wait 24hrs now to be blown away with the additional speed!

Thanks again ...much appreciated

spuds 19:48 14 Feb 05

Jackcoms-- Just tried your link and method, and I have had a congratulations 'upgraded' message. Told that I would be upgraded on the 14th February. After wait and see!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…