Tiscali and Email Refusal

spuds 12:18 10 Jun 05

I never thought that I had a problem with my Tiscali email delivery and collection, until today.I was wondering if anyone else as the same problem.

Usually have around 100+ emails a day, and some, if not most of these are spam, which I usually delete straightaway, only keeping the genuine email for later reference.I have K9 installed, but not fully activated, and I am not on the signed up Tiscali spam cleaner. So in other effects, I have nearly full control of my email box or so I thought.

Chasing up some official plus local and national government delayed email responses, I found that a number of these departments were having problems with delivering email to clients, due to the ISP's blocking certain emails.Tiscali would seem to be one of the major players. My question, as a curiosity: Are you having the same or similar problems--Are you aware that some of your emails are being blocked, due to oversensitive spam finders at the ISP end!.

DieSse 13:44 10 Jun 05

"Are you aware that some of your emails are being blocked, due to oversensitive spam finders at the ISP end!"

AOL has, in the past, been a prime culprit for this - at some periods blocking ALL mail from some of the major Spanish ISPs, on the grounds of "excessive spam" from addresses with paricular ISPs.

However - they did at least respond to the initiator to say non-delivery was due to spam - it didn't juts get lost.

Some of the AS software that is in use is IMHO worse than a chocolate teapot - blocking legitimate emails wihtout so much as a "by-your-leave"

Complain LOUDLY and threaten with reporting to OffCom (or whoever) for interfering with the free passage of legitimate correspondence.

David4637 14:27 10 Jun 05

Used Tiscali50 dial up for some 4years. Have not received any spam for some 6 months now, assumed Tiscali had beefed up their filtering. Am not aware that they are blocking any emails. David

skeletal 15:09 10 Jun 05

This has/is a big problem for me as well. One of my business contacts cannot receive emails from me because his service provider has decided to block EVERYTHING from blueyonder.co.uk (my provider).

I emailed blueyonder to tell them of the problem, but as is so typical of so called service providers, they couldn't be bothered to reply.

My contact is also trying (to his), but getting no response.

I can't remember the name of his provider...would email him and ask but...!!!!

I have to say I think this situation is totally stupid. Given there are some "big names" being blocked, we will end up with the situation that all providers will block all other providers! Is it beyond them to actually talk to one another and simply say "We are getting a load of SPAM from zzzz, shut his account down" etc rather than block, in some cases, vital and important business communications!!!

(Ranting now!).

dth 15:34 10 Jun 05

We've had problems sending email to AOL (via Demon).

spuds 18:25 10 Jun 05

Thanks everyone for the response.As I stated, I only found this out this morning, when I checked on some emails that had not received replies. The departments in question, said that they had made a couple of attempts, then gave up. I had not contacted them by telephone, I would have assumed that they had ignored my emails. What they have suggested, that in the future, when sending an email, enclose a postal address or fax/telephone number with the email. Now there's progress for you.

I will tick the subject, but please add further comments, as it would be very interesting to find out, other forum members knowledge of these events.

spuds 18:28 10 Jun 05

Sorry typo error "Had I not contacted them by telephone".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…