Tiscali e-mail problems

Jackcoms 11:55 31 Jul 06

Are others having trouble receiving their Tiscali e-mail?

I can't get anything through Mailwasher/Outlook Express or via Tiscali webmail.

Password authentication fails every time.

Tiscali's webmail site was down earlier today although it's now back up but rejecting my password/log-in details.

rawprawn 11:59 31 Jul 06

Hi Craig, I had problems this morning with all four of my email addresses in both Outlook & Mailwasher. After about an hour 3 came back OK, and they are all now working. I had the same authentication problem as you and it was the same trying to get into email on the Tiscali site. I would just leave it alone for a couple of hours, they are obviously having problems.

cagey 12:03 31 Jul 06

I keep getting the message--The server is busy, please try again later. Presume they are having problems following their work early this morning.

FelixTCat 12:06 31 Jul 06

I get the message "The web site is busy. Try again later" when I try to log into their webmail.

Jackcoms 12:23 31 Jul 06

OK, thanks for your replies.

Looks like it's a problem at Tiscali's end rather than at my end. :-(

I'll keep trying!

Stuartli 12:25 31 Jul 06

Back to normal now it would seem.

Had several phone calls from friend earlier asking what was happening?

Stuartli 12:25 31 Jul 06

The Tiscali website's Status Service was still displaying everything A1..:-)

Meshuga 13:27 31 Jul 06

I`m having the same problems too. Tiscali always show their service status as ok even when everybody is having problems.

spuds 13:48 31 Jul 06

Tiscali pre-warned their customers, that they were going to do maintenance work from 12.03am on Monday 31/07/06, and email would be unavailable until the work had been completed.

I keep getting 'Server Busy' message, so I assume the work as not been completed or everyone is blocking the system in trying to get a response!.

FelixTCat 13:54 31 Jul 06

I've managed to access email by going to the Tiscali web site, logging in to Manage My Account and only then checking emails. I still can't access them directly from the website or externally.

FelixTCat 14:34 31 Jul 06

Tiscali came back up for me literally just this minute (14:32)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…