Tiscali E-mail problems.

robjg 17:43 29 Feb 04

Recently I have been having problems sending E-mails through Outlook Express. I can recieve messages fine but every time I try to send one I get this error messasge:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Rob Tiscali', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F.

Is there still a problem with Tiscali E-mail or is there something I need to do.

I'm pretty sure my E-mail settings are correct.

Thanks for any help.

Stuartli 17:52 29 Feb 04

If you had gone to Tiscali's Status Page you will have discovered that the company has had some problems over recent days in some areas of its service.

There's also been a posting about this subject a few days ago.

GaT7 18:11 29 Feb 04

Check here for a general list of troubleshooting tips: click here

Check here for OE-specific error messages: click here

Both of the above are part of the Tiscali online Help pages - very easy to use & useful.

It's most probably a temporary situation, as Stuartli reckons - give it a few days to sort itself out.

If you cannot wait write to Tiscali directly by filling up one of their Contact Us/Help forms - they usually reply in 1-2 working days.

romanab 18:20 29 Feb 04

I rang tiscali a couple of days ago and the operator confirmed it was a problem thier end.Mine seems to be ok now so I'm sure yours will sort itself soon.

Meshuga 19:17 29 Feb 04

As already stated,Tiscali have problems but just in case anybody would like it here is tiscali Status phone number. 0845-663-2200 local rate call. A recorded message tells you all you want to know. Regards, Meshuga.

deggsymann 19:26 29 Feb 04

I too have had problems, could send fine but could't receive at all - smae error message as robjg.

Only problem is that i had just installed zone alarm for the first time a few hours before i discovered the problem. So i uninstalled zone alarm and still had problems. Went through all my email settings (tip-take screenshots of all your settings boxes and save them somewhere safe) just in case zone alarm had altered anything. Still nothing.

Left it till today and all is fine. Wish i had tried here first instead of blaming an innocent program!

Stuartli 09:22 01 Mar 04

You don't need to make any telephone calls...:-)))

Just go to the bottom of Tiscali's web pages and you will see a Service Status link.

It provides details of how all Tiscali's services are functioning...

Stuartli 09:23 01 Mar 04

I pointed out this fact in my first posting above.

Wilham 12:48 01 Mar 04

Tiscali BB trouble this morning... sent couple of emails which normally are checked by Norton to stop unwittingly passing on a virus. Error message tells me "...mail server was interrupted".
OK, I'll wait.
But the next bit tells me to re-send from the Sent Messages folder.
That's worrying, -I always assumed what was so listed had gone. Is there any check on this I can apply to my Outlook Express Sent list?

Stuartli 16:27 01 Mar 04
  Wilham 17:00 01 Mar 04

Thanks. (Should they be the same?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…