tiscali disconnecting me

wilbar 13:24 01 Mar 05

when i am on-line with tiscali, and i go into outlook express to read my mail, it disconnects immediately and i have to re-connect.any suggestions as to what is wrong would be appreciated.

FelixTCat 13:47 01 Mar 05

Check the options in Outlook Express. One option is to disconnect after checking for mail. Untick that and you will be OK

Stuartli 13:51 01 Mar 05

Re FelixTCat's tip: It's on the Send/Receive panel and is often checked inadvertently.

wilbar 14:13 01 Mar 05

thanks guys for quick response.this sounded promising, but i checked, and the box is not ticked. I have also now discovered that it disconnects me as soon as I go into the send/receive panel...it has only done this since i changed from the evenings/weekend package (with Tiscali/BT) to the 24 hour free access package (Tiscali only).... maybe this is relevant?

FelixTCat 14:27 01 Mar 05

When you changed, were you given any different details, log-ons, passwords, etc?

If so, did you change them in Outlook Express also?

It may think you're still on the old settings.

wilbar 14:39 01 Mar 05

Thanks Felix. I didn't change my user name or password, and everything works except for this.
I am going out now so will give up for now, thanks in meantime.

FelixTCat 17:09 01 Mar 05

Check in Control Panel - Internet Options - Connections. You should probably have "Dial whenever a network connection is not present" ticked.

However, if you prefer, tick the "Never dial a connection" box. You will get a warning box if you are not connected. The only drawback is that you will have to remember to terminate your connection when you have finished. Make sure that you have a default time-out to save a huge phone bill.

Stuartli 17:51 01 Mar 05

OE shares IE connection settings configuration.

FelixTCat 18:08 01 Mar 05

Yes, it does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…