Tiscali dial up problem

hargranules 14:13 08 Sep 06

Hi am trying to repair an internet problem, tiscali dial up.

Apparently just stopped working, the modem no loner has a full handshake. It makes initial dial up noise but does not make the horrible buzzing noise.

Have tried different modem, different wires, removed and reinstalled all account details.

Tried to reset ip address (tiscali's resolution)

Have just brought pc home so not there phone line as still happening here. (I am presuming i can use dial up modem on my broadband enabled phone line)

Have tried dialling numbers through hyperterminal and still no result.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks !!

Stuartli 14:15 08 Sep 06

You can use your dialup modem on a BB enabled line but it must be done using the normal phone line (voice) side.

Try a test of your Tiscali dialup service using the phone number 08456630221 and signup for both the username and password.

Create a new dialup account to check that it works.

Belatucadrus 14:26 08 Sep 06

(I am presuming i can use dial up modem on my broadband enabled phone line)
Also depends on what dial up account type they're using, Anytime accounts are I think tied to a single user phone number, Pay as you go can be accessed anywhere.

hargranules 12:49 10 Sep 06

Finally got it to connect yesterday with a multitech dial up modem. Gone back to it today and now says cannot connect due to configuration error. It goes all the way through all the right noises and then comes up with error message.

Only thing I did since yesterday is update norton anti - virus and turn windows firewall on. So have just disabled norton anti - protect and turned windows firewall back off. But syill no joy.

Any ideas????

hargranules 14:49 10 Sep 06

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…