Tiscali dial up problem

teddy edwards 10:30 02 Jul 04

Can anyone help me... I have just moved to Tiscali broadband. As you are probably aware external modem is connected through USB. This disconnects itself after a couple of hours leaving me to restart my computer to re establish the USB link. What am I doing wrong? A get a green triangle when its working OK but this dissapears at the same time. Is there some sort of USB time out, that I can change? Is it because I have many applications plugged through USB and they are taking the power from the modem?
Any help greatly appreciated....
from New subscriber

rawprawn 10:34 02 Jul 04

Make sure that your tiscali usb connection is plugged directly into your computer and not through a hub. I don't know if you are using a hub, but I know I had a problem with mine until I tried it directly into the computr.

spuds 11:07 02 Jul 04

There could be a number of reasons for the disconnection problem. I posted this click here recently.

As redprawn suggested,try your USB connection.Some modems work well with a self-powered hub, and others work must better with a direct connection.

Another reason,could be a time-out, when non-activity of the internet is noticed by your system. Usually, there is a pop-up display stating that a disconnection is going to occure, and would you like this disconnection to happen.[Usually dial-up or ASDL].If this does occure on your system then the pop-up can be disabled, by ticking the box.

Which O/S are you using, if this is XP, does it have a SP1 pack included or updates regular downloaded.What is the motherboard that you have installed on your computer, and what Tiscali package are you using..3x [ADSL] or higher.

If you need help in finding your motherboard information,or any other information on your computer system use Everest [ex Aida32]click here or Belarc click here are very good and are free to use and download.

spuds 11:35 02 Jul 04

Noticed mistake with Belarc link, should be click here [Then] Both are very good....

Bob The Nob© 12:31 02 Jul 04

This happens to me, I get connected to tiscali broadband and minutes later it will just disconnect my one it's own.

it could be the phone line as they are old but all of the area around me is fine, I don't need to restart but dial up again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…