Tiscali connection problem + Wanadoo intrusion

Jim W. 10:51 07 Oct 04

Hi!
My Tiscali Daytime connections are diabolically problematic, and involve a strip of Wanadoo at the bottom of the screen, which I cannot get rid of. It take numerous attempts to connect, with Socket error 10054 and Error no. 0x800CCC0F given on the error notice.
Thanks for any advice concerning this - Tiscali themselves have not solved it!
Jim W.

spuds 11:48 07 Oct 04

Was your previous ISP Wanadoo [Freeserve], if so you will need to delve into your computer and un-install their programme. Similar problems with AOL, once you install it, then you will find that it still leaves traces which can cause annoyance.

whatsit 14:05 07 Oct 04

Hi there. the error 0x800ccc0f just means your connection has been dropped, according to the tiscali help page I've got, I don't know what the other error means, sorry. whatsit!

palinka 19:24 07 Oct 04

Go to start>Search (or Find, depending on your system)>files or folders and type freeserve into the box for "files or folders named...". Delete any that this search throws up. Then repeat the process for wanadoo. That should clear out the last traces of either of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…