Tiscali Broadband Recommended?

southpaw 18:43 09 Apr 05

Hi

Just cancelled my dial up with AOL due to poor service.

Now looking for Broadband. Had a look at Tiscali, BT, Virgin, Tesco etc.

Tiscali seem to be offering the best. Considering going for 2Mbps for £19.99 with 15GB limit.

To me this looks like the best deal. My only concern is the cap of 15GB. As I'm new to BB I feel I'd want to download a load of mp3s and maybe some videos and am unsure how much I'd be using.

Can anyone recommend Tiscali to me and confirm my decision?

Technotiger 18:50 09 Apr 05

Hi, yes I would go with Tiscali. I use BT myself, but have recently set-up two friends with Tiscali BB - all went without a hitch.

Cheers.

Technotiger 18:51 09 Apr 05

ps - Welcome to the Fast-lane.

southpaw 18:51 09 Apr 05

Sorry, would also like a recommendation to go wireless.

I have a PC and a Laptop. What equipment would you recommend which would be suitable with Tiscali.

TomJerry 18:52 09 Apr 05

if you do not download movies constantly

loser7 18:53 09 Apr 05

I am with Tiscali and have been for over a year.. I cancelled BT and i wont go back

Technotiger 18:55 09 Apr 05

Wireless network - sorry can't help on that one. Never done it myself.

Cheers.

southpaw 20:41 09 Apr 05

Just as an idea how much is a 2 hr film in regards to 15GB?

Technotiger 21:13 09 Apr 05

Hi, 1hr of Video requires approx 13GB Harddrive space. That is from making one's own video - not sure if it is the same downloading to hdd.

Cheers.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 21:39 09 Apr 05

Technotiger what software do u use i can get 120 minutes + of film on less than 8gb`s of hdd

Technotiger 22:01 09 Apr 05

Hi, Pinnacle Studio8, but have not made a long film yet - only quoting from User Manual, though it does also depend on Settings - High Grade etc.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…