Tiscali Broadband problems

Bob The Nob© 19:00 15 Jul 07

is anyone else having serious problems with Tiscali?

When I try to access certain website, like forum.computertrouble.co.uk or eclectech.blogspot.com I get a Tiscali DNS error page. I cant even log into MSN anymore, does anyone else know whats going on?

Bob The Nob© 19:19 15 Jul 07

I believe the problem is something to do with their new 'Enhanced DNS Handling', is there any way to change my DNS on my Lynksys router to another where I can access what I need?

bigyin20 21:50 15 Jul 07

i am getting Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address
every time that i try and log into the site.
I think it tiscali them selves that got the problem, but best bet is to change isp that is what i am going to do when my contract runs out.

Bob The Nob© 21:53 15 Jul 07

Well, After some research.

They have an Enhanced DNS Hendler, which other ISPs have used but removed as they are more of an annoyance. You can opt out of this servce, which I will be doing on monday.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:54 15 Jul 07

Disconnect from the Internet, then go to Control Panel -> Network Connections. Locate your Tiscali icon or your wireless connection, right-click -> Properties -> "Networking" tab -> highlight "TCP/IP" -> Properties. Put a dot in "Use the following DNS server addresses" and add the following two servers in the two boxes:

Click OK twice when finished.

G

Bob The Nob© 00:27 16 Jul 07

Everyting is back to normal for nowm but I will keep those DNS servers for a time when things aint too good

Bob The Nob© 21:07 16 Jul 07

Right, now I'm angry, This morning, I could access the sites I wanted, now I cant. I have changed my DNS to the ones you have given me gandalf, but I still cant access some sites, but more than I could if I were using the tiscali DNS. Why could I access the site this morning, but not now?? And no, the site isnt down.

Armchair 21:30 16 Jul 07

Oh, i already posted in a different topic! Same here, Tiscali 2MB, previously used sites failing to load.

Bob The Nob© 21:33 16 Jul 07

This seems to get worse after 8pm on an evening. I cant understand it.

And is it within their rights to change the service like this without warning?

Bob The Nob© 21:45 16 Jul 07

More info from the Register: click here
And the Tiscali forum: click here and click here

And as suggested by some people change your DNS to something from click here

Armchair 21:50 16 Jul 07

Okay, I'll give Gandalf's solution a go now. ****** Tiscali! They should be sorting this out, not kindly folk on a forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now