Tiscali Broadband - is it a good deal?

JACC 21:26 14 Oct 03

Has anyone seen the ads for Tiscali Broadband in the papers? I would like to know what the wise think of these deals.
up to 150kbps,free modem,£25 setup fee,£15.99pm
up to 256kbps,free modem,£50 setup fee,£19.99pm
up to 512kbps,free modem,free setup ,£26.99pm
ahs anyone been with Tiscali and any probs with them .Do you think that up to 3X faster is worth the moola,seeing as how Freeserve charge £14.99pm for the old slow-wires (which i'm on)i would like to know your opinion .

jimv7 21:29 14 Oct 03

Try click here £18.99 per month for full bb.

clayton 21:33 14 Oct 03

pipex 512 £23.44 per month, setup £17.57 free modem click here

MAJ 21:35 14 Oct 03

I'm on Tiscali 256 at £20/month, JACC, I'm getting download speeds of 32KB/s, that's 8 times faster than the speed I was getting on dialup, for someone like me who has been using a dialup connection for the past three years, it's like lightning. No problems connection wise, so far (about two weeks).

JACC 22:34 14 Oct 03

Thank you guys, jimv7 , i see that Force 9 does not support p2p software which is a shame .I was wondering if you use it and how you got on with it , any hassles and so on .I use p2p so i don't know if it will be of much good to me, apart from the price of course which is tres good .

spuds 23:40 14 Oct 03

Appears as though there is a debate going on in respect of the new Tiscali 3xFaster Broadband system.According to some sources, it is the adsl service, which they say is not true broadband, hence the £25.00 connection fee.There are still conditions regarding the monthly 'hourly' quota on this service, were as the 'true' more expensive broadband as no on-line time limits[so far]. Considering that you get a 3xfaster service than Anytime dial-up for an extra £1.00, then it looks good value, but do not forget, this is a special offer promotion.

accord 07:17 15 Oct 03

NTL have been doing the same speed 150kbps for ages and there was a debate whether it was true broadband.

anchor 08:06 15 Oct 03

Personally I would not consider 150Kbs broadband. Go for the full 512Mbs.

Go for Pipex as clayton said; very good offer at the present. Read this thread also:

click here

jimv7 08:41 15 Oct 03

JACC, I have had no problems with f9 since I joined in feb this year, always a good download speed in the top fifties and sometimes even more.

A friend has been with them since they first started and thats a few years ago.

Infamous 08:48 15 Oct 03

ive been with eclipse for over 1 yr now with no problems. They are the fastest adsl and always winning awards for fastest service.

click here

click here

its £22.99 a month well worth it

jimv7 08:49 15 Oct 03

Oh, and both mine and my daughters computer share the bb connection via a 4 port adsl router,
had some trouble setting it up but with a call to f9 tech line (which was answered quickly) sorted the router out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…