Tiscali broadband Fax

pinballmad 14:53 13 Nov 06

I just bought a new computer with Winddow Pro XP on and just got broadband and my old computer was Window 98 anytime service with Wanadoo and I use a program call supervoice can I still send faxes over the phone line now or will I need to setup new account with broadband not going through the telephone line.

James. 14:57 13 Nov 06

You can send faxes if your PC has a 56k modem, otherwise you will need to install one or go with the Tiscali or similar. I use the Tiscali and it works fine for me.

pinballmad 15:49 13 Nov 06

I got a free modem called Speed Touch and got a modem with 56k on which is not connected. So you need to setup another account so that you can use adial up service.

I thought I be able to send a fax via broadband with end up with costing more money and buying new filters

Stuartli 15:55 13 Nov 06

You can't send faxes using broadband; however you could use an e-mail to fax service.

If you do have a 56k modem, just set up a PAYG dialup account with your ISP, Tiscali or similar provider that still offers dialup services.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…