Tiscali Broadband - Experiences.

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 11:32 21 Jan 03
  .:º»[RjA]«º:. 11:32 21 Jan 03

Im thinking of migrating over to tiscali adsl from their 56k dialup.

Can people who are on the 512kbps service please post their typiocal connection + download speeds please + any other info that would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 18:53 21 Jan 03

?

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 19:34 21 Jan 03

z

Paul2003 19:45 21 Jan 03

1 company for me NILDRAM ;-)

I used to be with Tiscali but I got so fed up with there service I didnt even consider having there broadband.

narke 21:52 21 Jan 03

I have only just connected with Tiscali broadband and have been pleasantly surprised,as my dial up was getting very slow. I have just speed tested at "ADSL guide" my speeds are
Download 469Kbs (58.6KBs) 506Kbs (inc overheads)
Upstream 244Kbs (30.5KBs) 263Kbs (inc overheads)
I find it wonderful although there sign up procedure needs some attention as it is a bit slow. Their website allows you to check the status of the initial connection to the BT exchange but is usually out of date. I was being told that the engineers were checking the suitability of the telephone line even though I had received the modem and was up and running.

Sparky3327 22:05 21 Jan 03

I registered for broadband on the 17th December 2002, and I still haven't got the starter kit!
Some trouble with my line I was told but the annoying thing was that nobody kept me informed. I should get it within the next few days, though, I hope it was worth the wait!

Nessie 22:20 21 Jan 03

I used to have 56k connection with Tiscali,as they were rubbish I wasn't going to them, but after much research went for Nildram Broadband. Took 5 days to connect and on the few occassions that I have phoned the helpline I only wait for a minute to get an answer at local rate. Been top of the ASDL speed rating for past 4 months.

Dont touch Tiscali.

rickf 22:25 21 Jan 03

I am with Pl;usnet and have not had any probs. BTW, the cheaper tariff ie under £20 from Tiscali is only a 256 connection so its not that cheap. Read the samll print. I pay £22 for 512 with my isp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…