Tiscali Broadband

Ladyline 20:05 08 Apr 03

Can you tell me if Tiscali broadband is good or what sort of problems to expect I have windows Xp i also have a conection to sky tv on my telephone line

philspace 20:35 14 May 04

Hello and thanks for reading!

Signed up for the Tiscali 150 kb/s broadband service on the 23rd April, and am Still awaiting delivery of the Modem pack : - Just wonder what the approx. delivery time is? Tiscali not very helpful in this respect.

Best regards all,

philspace.

Djohn 20:49 14 May 04

Not sure how this will affect Tiscali as an ISP but in the business section of SKY news this afternoon it stated that dealing in [Tiscali] shares have been suspended due to Tiscali's high debt problem in investing too heavy in broadband. j.

Quiller. 21:01 14 May 04

I have used tiscali dial-up for quite a while and found it to be quite good. I recently upgraded to broadband, it has just come into the area but tiscali was not an option due to circumstances.

The only grump I have with tiscali is that I signed up with my credit card. On cancellation, way before the end of the payment month, they took an extra months payment from my account.

I may have been foolish to give them my credit card number and should have plumped for direct debit. I would just say, read all your statements and double check.

pipedream 21:08 14 May 04

Have a look click here , click Compare then tick up to 6 boxes - if you compare Tiscali with the likes of Demon, Zen, Nildram & Pipex you'll see that they are poorer in all areas. I'm with Pipex (512K) & can recommend them.

Totally-braindead 22:49 14 May 04

I'm with Tiscali Broadband and can't say I've had any problems but I've only had it for 3 months so its a bit early to say. If you do a search in the Consumerwatch you'll probably find a few threads about them.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:53 14 May 04

I'm on Tiscali 150k, took about 14 days from order to delivery of modem.

I have no problems with the actual ADSL service, but just pray, if you sign up, that you never have to contact their customer services (one word - dire)!

HTH

Tas

Migwell 23:14 14 May 04

Have had Tiscali 150 @ 15.99 for two weeks now, modem came in 8 days setup was no problem. It did what it said on the tin, when I look at the box that comes up when you hover over the two little monitors on the task bar, when it is conected it reports 2.3 Mbps. I know someone who is on the 256 @ £19.99 and he is getting 589kbs using the same method. As far as I am concerned it is grand.

Dipso 23:26 14 May 04
  Eastender 01:08 15 May 04

I think you should read this. click here

Eastender 01:48 15 May 04

September 2000 was the last mention, I could find, of suspending Tiscali share dealing. I know their shares are down but didn't think it was that bad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…