Tiscali Broadband

Ladyline 20:05 08 Apr 03

Can you tell me if Tiscali broadband is good or what sort of problems to expect I have windows Xp i also have a conection to sky tv on my telephone line

philspace 20:35 14 May 04

Hello and thanks for reading!

Signed up for the Tiscali 150 kb/s broadband service on the 23rd April, and am Still awaiting delivery of the Modem pack : - Just wonder what the approx. delivery time is? Tiscali not very helpful in this respect.

Best regards all,

philspace.

Djohn 20:49 14 May 04

Not sure how this will affect Tiscali as an ISP but in the business section of SKY news this afternoon it stated that dealing in [Tiscali] shares have been suspended due to Tiscali's high debt problem in investing too heavy in broadband. j.

Quiller. 21:01 14 May 04

I have used tiscali dial-up for quite a while and found it to be quite good. I recently upgraded to broadband, it has just come into the area but tiscali was not an option due to circumstances.

The only grump I have with tiscali is that I signed up with my credit card. On cancellation, way before the end of the payment month, they took an extra months payment from my account.

I may have been foolish to give them my credit card number and should have plumped for direct debit. I would just say, read all your statements and double check.

pipedream 21:08 14 May 04

Have a look click here , click Compare then tick up to 6 boxes - if you compare Tiscali with the likes of Demon, Zen, Nildram & Pipex you'll see that they are poorer in all areas. I'm with Pipex (512K) & can recommend them.

Totally-braindead 22:49 14 May 04

I'm with Tiscali Broadband and can't say I've had any problems but I've only had it for 3 months so its a bit early to say. If you do a search in the Consumerwatch you'll probably find a few threads about them.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:53 14 May 04

I'm on Tiscali 150k, took about 14 days from order to delivery of modem.

I have no problems with the actual ADSL service, but just pray, if you sign up, that you never have to contact their customer services (one word - dire)!

HTH

Tas

Migwell 23:14 14 May 04

Have had Tiscali 150 @ 15.99 for two weeks now, modem came in 8 days setup was no problem. It did what it said on the tin, when I look at the box that comes up when you hover over the two little monitors on the task bar, when it is conected it reports 2.3 Mbps. I know someone who is on the 256 @ £19.99 and he is getting 589kbs using the same method. As far as I am concerned it is grand.

Dipso 23:26 14 May 04
  Eastender 01:08 15 May 04

I think you should read this. click here

Eastender 01:48 15 May 04

September 2000 was the last mention, I could find, of suspending Tiscali share dealing. I know their shares are down but didn't think it was that bad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5