TISCALI BROADBAND.

helpmeplease. 13:27 13 Jan 08

I am thinking of leaving AOL and changing to
Free phone line rental and calls with Tiscali Broadband package.
Anyone use TISCALI ?
And can you tell me what you think of it?
Many thanks.

pk46 13:39 13 Jan 08

One word DON'T.

Armchair 13:39 13 Jan 08

I use Tiscali, but just the broadband. I actually made a topic about it in Consumerwatch earlier on.

Been with them for a couple of years. There have been two occasions where I was unable to connect, but they only lasted a few hours each. Apart from that it's all been alright. No billing errors so far. Never used their technical support, so can't comment on it.

Poitier 13:46 13 Jan 08

My experience has only been with phone and 2MB broadband but both have been fine.A word of warning,if you want the free phone service first check that your telephone exchange is LLU enabled. If it is not you might find that it is for Talktalk
click here

David4637 14:13 13 Jan 08

Tiscali are good once you are "on". I have been with them 4 years on dial up. Their long term reliability is excellant. Try changing the package or closing your account and their customer support is dreadful. They have been mentioned in dispatches many times over on this site. David

helpmeplease. 14:25 13 Jan 08

Poitier

Hi thanks for reply.
Telephone exchange is not LLU enabled.
And i cannot get free Talktalk broadband.

With not being LLU enabled what does that mean?
THANKS

Stuartli 14:27 13 Jan 08

My local exchange is LLU equipped by both Tiscali and TalkTalk, plus AOL, Be and others.

I moved from Tiscali (been with it from 1998 and the WorldOnline days) to TalkTalk's International3 package a year last April.

Apart from one or two initial hiccups, I've been very satisfied ever since.

Stuartli 14:28 13 Jan 08

You'll get the fastest available BB speed for the present.

TalkTalk should (I would anticipate) be able to provide up to 2MB for the moment as part of its package, depending on your distance from the exchange.

Poitier 15:10 13 Jan 08

Helpmeplease
LLU means local line unbundling,it is a fairly recent developement whereby an ISP puts its own equipment in the local telephone exchange and so is able to offer cheap deals.

Quiller. 15:20 13 Jan 08

"Telephone exchange is not LLU enabled."

Then I don't think you will get the free line rental.

I've been with Tiscali for three years and have had no drop outs or billing errors. Just a good solid service.

bamfiesler 15:37 13 Jan 08

Do you have to ask BT about this LLU carry-on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac