tiscali broadband

The Sheep 18:49 08 Feb 06

Hi all. I've got a problem with my tiscali boradband connection and i'm looking for some advice. (running WinXP home)

OK, when i connect to the internet (clicking on IE from the desktop) i usually get the wee connection dialogue box (the one you used to get with dial up) with my connection details on it and i click connect. For some reason this is now not appearing and i cant connect to the internet.

I havent changed anything recently and I've tried going back over a week on system restore and it wont let me do it that way as it says it cant restore because there have been no system changes.

Can anoyon help me as this is not the first time this problem has occurred.

Thanks people.

bluto1 18:59 08 Feb 06

The Sheep,
I had that problem some months ago on dial-up and finally got sorted by my ISP. Try ringing the support team 0870 7442922. Good luck.

bluto1 19:03 08 Feb 06

The Sheep,
If you`ve still got your installation disc then do a re-install. It should act as a repair. Sorry I did`nt think of it first.

wobblymike 21:20 08 Feb 06

Some basic info please

Is your Broadband modem USB or ethernet connected?

The Sheep 14:33 13 Feb 06

Thanks guys.

Its USB connected.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:59 13 Feb 06

Open IE and go to tools-internet options-connections. Ensure your connection is set as default then tick 'always dial my default connection'.

G

The Sheep 14:15 28 Feb 06

Spot on. Thanks GANDALF.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…