Tiscali Broadband

Shazzy 13:25 22 Oct 05

Has anyone had any trouble with their Broadband speeds, at the moment I am suppose to be on 2MB speed but am only getting anywhere between 260kbps and 650kbps.

Methedrine 13:34 22 Oct 05

Might be an idea to ask the people in the helproom forum Shazzy. Don't forget to tell us who your ISP is.

Shazzy 16:30 22 Oct 05

Cheers, ISP is Tiscali

Methedrine 18:39 22 Oct 05

On the left hand side there is a "search" box. Type in tiscali and see if any of the other threads it brings up can help.

Methedrine 19:48 22 Oct 05

Hello again Shazzy. I've done a bit of digging around and two things crop up repeatedly.

1. Tiscali may be having problems at their end.

2. Most broadband users have a contention ratio of 50:1. This means that if 49 other people are using broadband on the same line/exchange as you, then your speeds will be slower as the system tries to even out the bandwidth so that everyone online at that moment gets a similar speed.

Like I said earlier, go to the helproom forum and ask them. Some very clever bods in there and some of them are Tiscali users.

Methedrine 11:43 23 Oct 05

Just found this in the helproom click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…