Tiscali Broadband

Shazzy 13:25 22 Oct 05

Has anyone had any trouble with their Broadband speeds, at the moment I am suppose to be on 2MB speed but am only getting anywhere between 260kbps and 650kbps.

Methedrine 13:34 22 Oct 05

Might be an idea to ask the people in the helproom forum Shazzy. Don't forget to tell us who your ISP is.

Shazzy 16:30 22 Oct 05

Cheers, ISP is Tiscali

Methedrine 18:39 22 Oct 05

On the left hand side there is a "search" box. Type in tiscali and see if any of the other threads it brings up can help.

Methedrine 19:48 22 Oct 05

Hello again Shazzy. I've done a bit of digging around and two things crop up repeatedly.

1. Tiscali may be having problems at their end.

2. Most broadband users have a contention ratio of 50:1. This means that if 49 other people are using broadband on the same line/exchange as you, then your speeds will be slower as the system tries to even out the bandwidth so that everyone online at that moment gets a similar speed.

Like I said earlier, go to the helproom forum and ask them. Some very clever bods in there and some of them are Tiscali users.

Methedrine 11:43 23 Oct 05

Just found this in the helproom click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…