Tiscali Broadband

smudger77 19:56 15 Sep 03

Has anyone got Tiscali broadband ? and what do you think of it ?

Lacombe 20:22 15 Sep 03

I have been using Tiscali Broadband for a while and have no problems wit hit.
Think there was a while ago when it first set up, but always very good now.

In fact, excellent. Took AGES to actually get my hardware and the call centre helpline was shocking, but from knowledge of all other providers (including Telewest and BT) this is never any different.

All I would say is don't go for the cheaper option (£19.99 a month?) as it actually half speed of the full £27.99 a month service.

Don't skimp, you'll regret it!

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:09 15 Sep 03

Took 7 days to get the modem and filters (they said 10 days) and all has been working fine. I'm on £27.99 a month, 512k option. You should not ned the helpline as there is more chance of getting a decent answer here and the software is easy-peasey to set up, just make sure that you read the instructions and follow them to the letter.

If you are surfing and not doing too much downloading, I would go for the cheaper option, as the web surfing speeds are not much different.

ALL ISPs, apart from the cable lot, use BT Broadband so your connection speed will have more to do with your line quality rather than the ISP.

G

MAJ 22:38 15 Sep 03

Good to hear that, GANDALF <|:-)>, our exchange was enabled last week (at long last). I'm with Tiscali at the moment and had thought of trying the cheaper option first as I don't download a lot of large files. It's only a fiver more than dialup too, for 5 times the speed.

bfc_tangerine 22:44 15 Sep 03

We changed to tiscali broadband a few weeks ago when our exchange was enabled. Service was excellent - 8 days to receive package and set up was quick and easy.

smudger77 10:34 16 Sep 03

Thanks to all who answered and for resolving my query !!!

smudger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…