Tiscali BBand and USB

Redlegends 18:33 09 Apr 04

My friends computer as two USB ports and when connecting Tiscali with CD-Rom support everythung goes well until you re-start the computer and it comes back and with the warning 'That if your USB is not connected do it now.'

Well it is connected and we also have two lights on the ADSL box so all seems fine there except that the is USB doesn't want to recognise it.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

spuds 20:09 09 Apr 04

Unplug the usb cable and re-plug, to see if it 'finds' the device.

When you say that you have two lights, are these both green. One on USB,one on ADSL/BB.

Redlegends 20:50 09 Apr 04

Already tried that and each time it recognises that there is new hardware, configures it and re-starts the machine only for it to come up with the same warning about switching on the USB connection.

And yes there are two green lights on the adsl modem.

Redlegends
Anything showing up in device manager?

Redlegends 21:05 09 Apr 04

Yes the USB two ports are there and show up as USB root hub and also the adsl moden shows up there in the network adapters.

Djohn 21:20 09 Apr 04

I've copied this from another thread with a similar but not the same problem and is worth a try.

=============================================

Right click on your "My Computer" Icon then click on Device manager. Scroll down to "Universal Serial bus controllers" and click on the + sign at the side of it.

Scroll down to "USB root hub" [should be several].

Right click on the first one and choose "Properties". click on the "Power management tab and remove the tick from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Do the same for all/any other root hub devices showing. This may be the cause of your problem. j.

Redlegends 21:30 09 Apr 04

it's a worth a try i will pass this onto him.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…