tiscali BB speed query

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:26 25 Sep 05

have or has anyone getting any speed veryation today with tiscali i.e my internet connection BB semms to be going a bit crazy the speed is going up and down like a yoyo one minute im getting as less than 480kbps on a 1meg connection and then it is shooting up to 5 mbps this is causing grave havoc with the connection I have done random BB speed test on different site and they come to sth same up and down like a yo yo I didnt think a standard phone line could support a 5mbps connection any ideas chaps plus when it tops 5 mbps my internet gameing crashes to

MAJ 17:40 25 Sep 05

My 512Mbps Tiscali connection has been operating at about 300Mbps for the past few days, SurfMonkey _#:@}™, but I have upgraded to a 1MBps connection (£5 cheaper per month than the 512 connection) which should come into effect tomorrow, so I hope they sort things out soon.

patsyanne 17:40 25 Sep 05

This was discussed here not long ago about tiscali speeds being slow ,so theres nothing wrong with your computer its seems to be tiscali fault

Stuartli 17:41 25 Sep 05

It's most likely your local exchange that is the problem - highest Tiscali speed I've ever had is 2.4MB.

Gongoozler 17:42 25 Sep 05

Occasional low speeds are to be expected because you are sharing your 1M connection with other people, bu 5M sounds very unlikely. My 512K Tiscali connection is currently registering as 200K.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:52 25 Sep 05

ok thanks chaps have to wait and see what happens when I come home from work tonight

Pineman100 18:18 25 Sep 05

Don't forget that your broadband connection works on a 50:1 contention. So your speed will vary up and down according to how many of those 49 other people are using the pipe. However, I must say that I have never experienced the kind of variations that you're talking about (I'm a tiscali bb user).

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:17 26 Sep 05

seems to have stopped very strange that was mind you since upgradeing to the 1mb service alot of strange thinks have happened well its settle to 1538kbps lets hope it stays like that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…