Tiscali b/b setup help needed.

Eargasm 22:05 06 Dec 04

Hi all

Just upgraded to tiscali b/b, when i click on the desktop icon a box appears "dial up connection" which has tiscali b/b, username, and password in. When i click connect it works no problem.

However if i look in c/panel/ internet options/ connections/ the "always dial my default connection" is ticked.

The tiscali homepage b/b setup says the "never dial a connection" should be ticked, if i do this then click on tiscali icon on desktop i can't connect, this page cannot be displayed message appears. I have disabled the sygate firewall and tried it but it's still the same.

Every other setting is ok according to tiscali set up.My old dial-up modem is disabled.

Is this a problem and if so can anyone please help? Thanks Phil

Androcles 22:51 06 Dec 04

Exactly the same situation when I went on bb with tiscali eargasm, it did'nt cause any problems and I forgot about it until now, that was twelve month ago.Regards.

Eargasm 23:07 06 Dec 04

Cheers mate.

I was hoping it was nothing to worry about, and your reply seems to confirm this, my main concern was about diallers installing on my pc but as my dial up modem is disabled am i right in thinking that with a b/b connection i'm ok?

rawprawn 07:51 07 Dec 04

Same here, no problems.

Jackcoms 10:04 07 Dec 04

Eargasm

"as my dial up modem is disabled am i right in thinking that with a b/b connection I'm ok?"

Yes and no.

Diallers can still find their way onto your PC even when using BB.

However, with your dial-up modem disabled (or simply not plugged in to the 'phone socket) they cannot dial out.

Eargasm 22:06 07 Dec 04

Big Thanks to all who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…