Tiscali BB issues

rose33 17:44 10 May 05

Dear All,
I have just signed up to Tiscali BB, installed the sofware and all seemed well...Until I tried to connect to the net via the desktop icon. This didn't work and the only way I could get this to work was going into the network connections via control panel and copy the icon from the network list, thus creating a short cut, which works but does not fire up the internet browser. Which I then open via another icon. Been in contact with tiscali help desk, but no help there.
How do I change a "target" within a short-cut desk top icon, to open the network connection and also open the IE home page?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:58 10 May 05

Open IE-go to tools -options-connection and single click on your BB connection so it is highlighted-select 'set default' and tick'always dial my default connection'.Click apply or OK and exit. Restart IE and your dialer will appear.

G.

Boy Zone 19:47 10 May 05

Hi Gand Alf,

This has been tried and tested.
To recap,
He should be able to click on the desktop icon and this should fire up his connection and also open up IE.
As the current desktop icon is a shortcut of his network connection, I can't amend the target of the icon, which I thought might be the answer..
As it is he has to use 2 icons, 1 to connect to BB and one to open IE, which is not usual.

Stuartli 22:35 10 May 05

If you have no dialup modems in use as well (to retain other e-mail addresses) then the Connections should be set to Never Dial a Connection (you are permanently connected).

You can check Tiscali broadband settings at:

click here

which is part of a suite of Help pages on the subject.

Stuartli 22:40 10 May 05

You might also try downloading the latest Sagem modem drivers from its website ([email protected]) - disconnect the modem via the USB lead, install the drivers (choose PPPvux 0.38 from the list) which will also remove the earlier drivers, reboot and then connect your modem again.

Windows should then find the modem as new hardware and reinstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…