Tiscali - AOL

Spr 21:09 31 May 07

I have tried to send e-mail from Tiscali to AOL but they bounce back. has anyone else had this problem or are AOL blocking them this is the only ISP i have had this trouble with

FreeCell 21:22 31 May 07

click here

Tiscali has had spammer problems and some ISPs have blocked all emails from their email servers. Possible this is what AOL have done.

Al-Cat 21:35 31 May 07

Hi
Homecall which is now Pipex has had the same problem for nearly a week. They rely on Tiscali as well as their wholsale provider. They have no idea when Homecall customers will be able to send any e-mail. They say their outgoing server has been hi-jacked by spammers. Their solution is to advise customers to get a temporary Hotmail or similar account to send e-mails, yet another address to deal with! The strange thing with Homecall is any e-mail sent appears to go, there is no 'not able to deliver' message, and you can receive all e-mails from other providers. The only indication that it wasn't working was when relative expecting an e-mail wrote back to say nothing was received.

desi3026 08:38 01 Jun 07

Hi,
This trouble has been going on here for about three weeks now.None of our messages are getting through to our daughter,who is AOL.Tiscali are saying that all is now in order except for deliveries to AOL.They've had a very bad couple of years now,and dont seem to be getting any better.Perhaps time for a change.
Regards
desi3026

desi3026 21:10 01 Jun 07

Hi again,
Well,as from now (2100 hrs) the situation seems resolved.All messages to AOL addresses are now being received.The Tiscali status page also confirms this.
Regards
desi3026

Spr 08:59 04 Jun 07

desi3026
Thanks for letting me know everything is working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…