tiscali 1 meg broadband help

beattyben 18:30 17 Mar 06

Hiya Forum Folk
Help needed here. My 80 year old Dad has just ventured into the challenging world of computing and rightly wanted to be connected to the internet. We(the kids, who should know better) reviewed the cheapest and easiest broadband set up and decided on the Tiscali 1 meg package at £14.99 p/month. All was fine..and then, the modem seems to have developed intermittent faults. e.g. error 608/asdl light off/. I followed Tiscali's fault finder e.g. the connections via the adsl connections...no joy.I phoned Tiscali's helpline and was told that they needed check the connection with BT and this could take 24 hours. It seems to me (and I will take instructions from those far more pc literate than I) that the modem is at fault. PLEASE HELP as my mother is about the divorce my Dad after 58 years of marriage!!NB The Laptop is running Win XP Home ,SP2

Jak_1 20:24 17 Mar 06

Let them check the line first, I had a similar problem 4 years ago with wanadoo. Again the the modem light was amber and not green, turned out to be a fault where the line conected to the house. All was sorted very quick ay a friendly BT engineer, all that was required was a new BT conection box, he supplied me with a dual adsl filter and line box so no more filters required for individual items like the xtention phone ect. Also a good lengrh of decent cable was supplied to go from line box to modem. All at no cost to me.

taffy101 12:15 19 Mar 06

Have you tried the Tiscali support forum if you're still having problems.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…