tiscal bb speed change

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:52 07 Sep 05

just read a thread on pc advisor about BB speed, Im on tiscali 512kbps package I just done a bb speed test and its telling me in getting Downstream 1838 Kbps (229.8 KB/sec) 1985 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 265 Kbps (inc. overheads) is that about right as I have had no email notification from tiscali. thats a bargin for me at £15.99 although my account is stll showing the 512 package

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:55 07 Sep 05

p.s does this affect the download limit as on my 512 service ther was no cap is it capped now

Chegs ® 14:55 07 Sep 05

Your getting the 2Mb speeds for the price of 512K...I'm jealous(as your getting a faster speed off 512K than I do with 2Mb)...lol

Chegs ® 14:56 07 Sep 05

No,your not capped.Tiscali are phasing out capping during Sept.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:24 07 Sep 05

thanks for te info

Stuartli 16:30 07 Sep 05

Tiscali has upgraded the 1MB speed to 2MB free of charge and is dropping the caps as stated for all but the £14.99 service - upgrading to the faster 1MB is only £1 a month extra.

It does depend, of course, on whether your line will support the faster speeds. To check go to:

click here

and follow the instructions to the letter...:-)

The upgrades have either been done automatically by Tiscali and subsribers informed by e-mail or it can be done manually through My Account>Broadband Downgrades/Upgrades.

When I originally switched from DayTime Plus to the 1MB 2GB cap in April (£15.99) I was getting speeds of up to 2.4MB according to the manx.net speed test.

Eventually this was throttled back to 1MB but, after only about three weeks, Tiscali then came along with the upgrade to 2MB free of charge.

Now it is also dropping the 2GB cap...:-)

The only drawback is that Tiscali is making so many offers from one week to the next even its customer and support staff can't keep up.

If you are a Tiscali subscriber it's well worth visiting its forums - the Broadband Support forum (there's also one for dialup) is staffed by knowledgeable and technical staff who can sort out your queries, problems, arrange upgrades etc very rapidly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…